Saturday 9 September 2017

Best of August


Hi All! Happy August! 

This is just a fun little meme that Carole and I are going to try  and do once a month. Give a little shout-out and "badge" of honor to our favorite book and movie of the previous month. This month we'll share our favorites of August.


First, favorite movie:

For Carole's choice of the month, she picks..............A Cinderella Story (2004)

"I didn't watch a lot of movies this month so I didn't have a lot to pick one, so I picked this one. It was a favorite of mine when I was a wee thing and it is still really good. Not great at all, but good."




Now, my choice is.............Guardians of the Galaxy (2017)

"I did expect more, but eh, it was funny and OMG I love baby groot. See it for Baby Groot!"


Now, favorite book:

First, here is my pick.................................When a Laird Finds a Lass by Legia Cornwall


"August was not a great month, it was a good one, but not a great one. So how to pick between good books that all are pretty equal? I will go with When a lairds finds a lass by Lecia Cornwall. The narrator was awesome and made the book for me, it was so funny."


Now, here is Carole's choice.................Shanghai Girls by Lisa See


"This was a tough choice...I had some really good ones this month. In the end, though, I picked this one. It was so sad but so hopeful. The characters were intriguing and complex. Someday I will read the sequel to see what happens next. The author certainly has a way with words. A great book. Contender for best book of the year."

~*~*~*~*~

What was your favorite book of the month? Please share below! 

------------------


Edit. 
Carole has this thing were she talks tv-shows and a shoutout goes out to Frontier, she talked about, I watched it, and enjoyed it, oh and this one guy was so hawt!

SO that is what I watched on tv in August








26 comments:

  1. I need to read Shanghai Girls - I love Lisa See.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A narrator can really make (or break) a book. And your book is a case in point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple of Lisa See books that I haven't wanted to try. Shanghai Girls is one of them. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guardians was great! I just watched it again last week! :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Cinderella Story, oh yes, I remember thinking that was a cute one, too.
    I still need to see Guardians of the Galaxy and baby Groot.

    I had a lot of good books, but a couple great ones were in the bunch too, this August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sep is already proving to give some great books among the good ones

      Delete
  6. Shanghai Girls was really good. There's a follow-up that I haven't read - Dreams of Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of Frontier. will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to watch the second Guardians of the Galaxy, but I really did enjoy this first one! I hope September ends up being a great month for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeeek! I am glad you took my recommendation with the show. THANK GOODNESS I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE IN LOVE WITH HIM! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read or watched any of these. Frontier looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Baby Groot is awesome but I haven't seen Guardians 2 yet. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oo I loved A Cinderella Story. I've watched it way too many times. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just rewatched Frontier with DH. I love it. Can we get season two now, please? I agree with you on Baby Groot. I went into seeing GotG with the idea of just a fun and funny movie. It worked for me. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP